The Strokes announce new album ‘Comedown Machine’
The Strokes have finally given up on trying to contain the details of their new album and have gone ahead and revealed all. The news of a new album was first leaked by a radio station earlier this month. The band tried to salvage a bit of control by releasing new track ‘One Way Trigger’ as a free download, but were undone again when a canny fan uncovered the name and artwork of the new album yesterday in the code of the official Strokes website.
So now The Strokes have gone official, confirming the name of the album as Comedown Machine, releasing the above artwork and announcing it will be released on the 25 March.
They also confirmed the first single from the album will be ‘All The Time’, out on 19 February, but there’s no sign of that yet so you’ll have to make do with listening to ‘One Way Trigger’ again:
- Watch: Julian Casablancas + The Voidz new album trailer (Mar 6, 2014)
- Listen: Albert Hammond Jr announces new ‘AHJ’ EP and streams lead track ‘Rude Customer’ (Sep 26, 2013)
- Album review: The Strokes – ‘Comedown Machine’ (Mar 26, 2013)
- The Strokes are streaming new album ‘Comedown Machine’ online (Mar 18, 2013)
- Watch: The Strokes release video for ‘All The Time’ (Mar 15, 2013)
About Luke GlassfordNumber of Entries : 1530
Post written by Luke Glassford - founder, editor, writer and everything else at All-Noise.