If you have a Daft Punk fanatic in the family and are struggling for Christmas present ideas for them, then struggle no more!
The French electro duo have announced details of a very smart looking boxset of their recent fourth album Random Access Memories, which is crammed full of goodies and is set to hit shelves / websites in time for the Christmas rush.
The only drawback is that the boxset is priced at about £175 – so it’s not exactly cheap!
Here’s the impressive list of contents in full:
- The Deluxe Box Set Edition is presented in a cloth-bound box (333mm x 333mm / 13″ x 13″) stamped with the Random Access Memories logo in gold foil on the cover. All individual contents are separated by vellum dividers printed with a circuit pattern texture inspired by the gloves of the Daft Punk Robots
- Special edition 180 gram double vinyl with gold and silver foil labels. Includes an 8 page saddle stitched booklet containing album artwork, credits and lyric sheets
- 56-page cloth-bound, hardcover photo book of images from the RAM recording sessions and film shoots, featuring a foreword by Paul Williams
- Special edition 10″ collector’s vinyl containing an extended interview with Giorgio Moroder taken from the original session recordings for the song “Giorgio by Moroder”
- Two sets of Robot helmet design schematics with individual components separated onto 8 layers of unbounded transparencies. Each set is contained in a clear presentation pouch.
- F. A pair of full body Robot design schematic posters (304mm x 608mm / 12″ x 24″) printed on heavy weight matte finish poster paper
- 70mm motion picture film strip containing 5 sequential frames from the “Lose Yourself to Dance” original production dailies, mounted in a heavy weight matte stock with an open back
- A pair of gold and silver plated, metal encased, reusable USB drives containing the following: AUDIO: High-resolution digital audio files (88.2KHz / 24Bit) of the 13 original tracks on RAM plus the high-resolution audio files of the bonus track, Horizon and Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky (Remix)” VIDEO: High-definition, Apple Pro Res 422 (1920×1080) video files of: the full length video for “Lose Yourself to Dance”; the original RAM TV campaign spots; the extended Coachella version of the “Get Lucky” promo featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
£175 is starting to look pretty reasonable now, eh!? Here’s a nice visualisation of the boxset: