The Mars Volta have split up…
- 14 Views
- January 24, 2013
- in Music News
As reported yesterday, The Mars Volta guitarist Omar Rodriguez Lopez has started a new band called Bosnian Rainbows – which hasn’t gone down well with his bandmate Cedric Bixler-Zavala, who effectively terminated his working relationship with Omar last night in a series of increasingly bitter Tweets.
Thank u 2 all Volta fans you deserved more especially after the way you rooted for us on this album. I tried my hardest to keep it going. But Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead. I can’t sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta.
He went on to accuse Omar of preferring to start his new band rather than tour The Mars Volta’s last album Noctourniquet, before making a thinly veiled jibe at Omar’s apparent lack of enthusiasm during last years At The Drive-In reunion gigs:
And for the record I’m still in love with At the Drive-In. Proof was in my performance. I would never get on stage if my heart was else where. I have cancelled shows before for knowing full well that my heart was not in it at that moment. Why? Because its an insult to the audience.
Here’s a video of The Mars Volta in happier times:
- Listen: At The Drive-In and Mars Volta guitarist’s new band Bosnian Rainbows release debut single ‘Torn Maps’ (Jan 23, 2013)
- At The Drive-In announce location of ‘secret’ UK show… (Jul 9, 2012)
- At The Drive-In secret UK show – ticket details (Jul 4, 2012)
- The Mars Volta – ‘Noctourniquet’ album review (Mar 14, 2012)
- Reading and Leeds Festival line-up announced (Mar 12, 2012)
About Luke GlassfordNumber of Entries : 1534
Post written by Luke Glassford - founder, editor, writer and everything else at All-Noise.