Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds – ‘AKA… What A Life’ single review
- 147 Views
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – ‘AKA… What A Life’
Another day, another song from The Chief. Following on from the recent single The Death Of You And Me and the online release of album track If I Had A Gun comes ‘AKA… What A Life’, the second single proper from Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds project.
After the jaunty acoustics of the first single and the more familiar balladeering of ‘If I Had A Gun’, ‘AKA… What A Life’ seems to be the ‘experimental’ aspect of Noel’s new album. Obviously there’s nothing too radical going on – he’s got a formula and he knows how to stick to it – but Noel has obviously enjoyed the freedom of making an album without the pressures of it having the word ‘Oasis’ on it. ‘AKA… What A Life’ is the sound of Noel Gallagher cutting loose and getting his groove on – and although it might sound a bit too much like Coldplay for our liking, it still shows the old dog has a few tricks up his sleeve.
What do you think of the new single? Let us know in the comments below…
- Oasis reunion rumours – Noel Gallagher says ‘it definitely won’t happen’ (Aug 17, 2013)
- Oasis to reform for Glastonbury 2014 – definitely? Or maybe? (Aug 14, 2013)
- Noel Gallagher live review – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, 13 Nov (Nov 14, 2012)
- Noel Gallagher to release new live DVD (Aug 22, 2012)
- Noel Gallagher releasing ‘Everybody’s On The Run’ as next single (Jun 18, 2012)