Listen: David Bowie returns with new single ‘Where Are We Now?’ and announces new album
- 16 Views
- January 08, 2013
- in Single Reviews
Glam rock legend David Bowie has been so quiet over the past few years there has been rumours about his health – especially when he allegedly turned down Danny Boyle’s Olympic overtures. Today is Bowie’s 66th birthday, and to celebrate he’s treated the world to a brilliant new single – and announced his 30th studio album.
The single is called ‘Where Are We Now?’, and it’s as assured and beautiful as you would expect from David Bowie. Watch the video below and let me know what you think:
‘Where Are We Now?’ is taken from Bowie’s new album The Next Day – which is released on 11 March and was produced by long-time Bowie collaborator Tony Visconti. The album is available to preorder now from Bowie’s revamped website: www.davidbowie.com
Announcing the new single and album, Bowie’s people put out the following press release:
In recent years radio silence has been broken only by endless speculation, rumor and wishful thinking ….a new record…who would have ever thought it, who’d have ever dreamed it! After all David is the kind of artist who writes and performs what he wants when he wants…when he has something to say as opposed to something to sell. Today he definitely has something to say.
Here’s the tracklisting for The Next Day:
01. The Next Day
02. Dirty Boys
03. The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
04. Love is Lost
05. Where Are We Now?
06. Valentine’s Day
07. If You Can See Me
08. I’d Rather Be High
09. Boss of Me
10. Dancing Out in Space
11. How Does the Grass Grow?
12. (You Will) Set the World on Fire
13. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die
15. So She
16. I’ll Take You There
- This years Brit Awards nominations are as uninspiring as usual… (Jan 9, 2014)
- Mercury Music Prize 2013 latest odds – Disclosure favourties to win (Oct 20, 2013)
- This Week’s New Single Releases (15th September 2013) (Sep 15, 2013)
- Mercury Music Prize 2013 shortlist announced (Sep 11, 2013)
- Mercury Music Prize 2013 – 12 albums that should be on the shortlist (Sep 10, 2013)
About Luke GlassfordNumber of Entries : 1534
Post written by Luke Glassford - founder, editor, writer and everything else at All-Noise.