Atoms For Peace album ‘Amok’ gets February release date…
- 5 Views
- December 04, 2012
- in Music News
Contrary to previous reports, which suggested Thom Yorke’s side-project Atoms For Peace’s debut album will be out in January, the Radiohead frontman has confirmed today the album will actually be out in February.
Atoms For Peace are the supergroup made up of Thom Yorke, producer Nigel Godrich, Red Hot Chilli Peppers bassist Flea, Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco. The groups debut album, Amok, will be released in the UK on 25 February, and feature the above cover art.
Yorke announced the news on the Radiohead website, saying:
So finally I can tell you the Atoms for Peace record is coming out on the 25th February, it’s called Amok… We formed to learn to play The Eraser record, if you don’t know that, and discovered a really good energy doing that.. and it fell into this record.
I’m still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year! We’re figuring all that out right now.
Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain …. which is what is nice about it.
Here’s the tracklist for Amok:
Before Your Very Eyes
Stuck Together Pieces
Judge Jury and Executioner
Amok is available to preorder now here.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers announced as Isle Of Wight Festival headliners (Jan 31, 2014)
- Watch: Atoms For Peace – ‘Before Your Very Eyes’ live video (Dec 21, 2013)
- Watch: Thom Yorke remixes ‘Reckoner’ and ‘Morning Mr Magpie’ live during The Warehouse Project set (Nov 5, 2013)
- Watch: Atoms For Peace release trippy video for ‘Before Your Very Eyes’ (Oct 18, 2013)
- Mercury Music Prize 2013 – 12 albums that should be on the shortlist (Sep 10, 2013)
About Luke GlassfordNumber of Entries : 1530
Post written by Luke Glassford - founder, editor, writer and everything else at All-Noise.