Eminem named as first Reading and Leeds 2013 headliner
- 4 Views
- December 10, 2012
- in Music News
US rapper Eminem has been announced as the first headline act for next years revamped Reading and Leeds Festivals.
The news was announced on Zane Lowe’s Radio 1 show tonight, and follows last weeks early announcement confirming Alt J, Deftones and Sub Focus on the bill.
Eminem seems like a surprise choice to headline the Main Stage next year, but festival organisers seem optimistic, saying:
Since the release of 1999′s ‘Slim Shady’ LP, Eminem has established himself as a hip-hop god and he is an icon of modern culture. Having sold over 100 million albums worldwide, there’s no doubt that he will be one of the most popular headliners in the festival’s history.
Not sure about that to be honest, what do you think?
- Phil’s Top 100 Music Singles of 2013: #80 – #61 (Dec 29, 2013)
- Blink 182 to headline Reading and Leeds 2014 (Dec 3, 2013)
- Reading and Leeds 2014: First headliners to be announced next week – here are the top rumours (Nov 28, 2013)
- This Week’s New Single Releases (3rd November 2013) (Nov 3, 2013)
- The best albums out in November (Oct 29, 2013)
About Luke GlassfordNumber of Entries : 1530
Post written by Luke Glassford - founder, editor, writer and everything else at All-Noise.